The Drakensberg region of South Africa is home to excellent golf courses So you should definitely pack your clubs if you intend spending time in this beautiful part of KwaZulu-Natal. The Drakensberg has been building its reputation as a golfing destination with over 20 popular golf clubs. These courses are situated in the northern Drakensberg, southern Drakensberg and central Drakenberg as well as the Midlands Meander. Most golf establishments at both the southern and northern Drakensberg offer club hire, and golf carts for those really hot summer days where the walk seems a bit much.
- Champagne Sports is an 18-hole beauty that receives rave reviews for the way it is maintained.
- Monks Cowl is a nine-hole course which is great for beginners and golfers on a budget. There are a few challenging dog-legs and several par-3s just begging for a hole-in-one.
- Estcourt Country Club offers a well kept 9 hole course
- Bosch Hoek Golf Course is a 9 hole, 18 tee course designed around a lake, dams, streams and beautiful trees. It is a challenging course, with water features on seven holes.
- Gowrie Golf Course is a 9 hole course with picturesque view of the Natal Midlands
- Glengarry Golf Club is located in the Kamberg Valley with superb views onto the majestic mountains.
- Sakabula Golf Club is situated in the foothills of the Midlands near Howick. This superb 18 hole, par 73 course provides a real test of golf in a relaxed, friendly country environment.
- Amphitheatre Golf Course in Bergville is another excellent value-for-money, nine-hole establishment, surrounded by majestic mountains. It has a rustic, rural vibe about it, which is why you may really enjoy it.
- Drakensberg Gardens Golf Club in the Southern Drakensberg is situated on a picturesque resort that also offers outdoor activities like fishing and horse riding. Air doesn’t come fresher as you complete your 18 holes.
- Sani Pass Hotel golf course offers Drakensberg golfing free of charge to residents on its 9-hole golf course
- Underberg Country Club has a nine-hole course and regularly hosts some fun competitions.